Monday, August 27, 2007

Joe Dimaggio has a restaurant

Last night we had a little pre-work celebration so me Doug and R went to Joe Dimaggio's Italian Chophouse. I was skeptical at first, but it was AMAZING. Hands down, it was the best dinner I have had in a long time, maybe even ever.

We started with an appetizer of baked comozola (?) cheese that you spread onto like a grilled flat bread, then you spread a tomato pastey thing on that and then you spread roasted garlic on the top. I literally could have eaten it for days.

Next were salads and I has a caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes and balsamic - awesome.

For the main course I had scampi - always great, and Doug had a ginormous 22oz ribeye with a pile of potatoes au gratin. Always great! And R had Skate. (hmmm, I'm still skepitcal about eating sting ray.)

Desserts were the best chocolate souffle ever, the best cobbler ever may with blackberries, strawberries, and nectarines, and some donuty goodness that Doug had.

Seriously, eat there.

Now.

No comments: