Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bella's Big Day

So today literally started off with a bang (It's my blog and I'll use a play on words if I want to!) with a crazy thunderstorm at about 2:30 this morning. It was so loud and poor Bella was shaking and hiding under the bedside table. I felt bad, but also, it was pretty damn cute. So then we get up this morning and its 90 degrees and super sunny. We decided to go down to Lake Calhoun and rent a canoe. We usually do the tandem kayak, but we decided if we did a canoe we could put Bella in it too.
Let me start off my saying that my rowing skills are mediocre at best in a kayak, and in a canoe they are downright crappy. Luckily Doug took over and was able to row us by himself with no problem. But I think Bella had quite a time! First she was trying to eat the sand out of the bottom of the boat (in her defense she has never seen sand before!) and then she was trying to drink water over the side of the canoe. But after she figured everything out she was just chilling having a good old time checking out the scenery. She did bark at this one dock when we came near it, so that was weird. But, it was a great time to be had by all. I just wish I had brought my camera with me!
It's pretty safe to say that if we move I will miss the Lakes in summertime. Although SF has an ocean so, ya know...

No comments: