Sunday, June 20, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Weight: 28lbs 5.25 oz (80%)
Height: 33 in (75%)
Holy crap - I have an 18 month old! Somebody stop the clock this is getting ridiculous! I feel like he is such a big boy now, growing and learning so much all the time.
In the last couple months Milo:
- has finally said his first word (besides dada and mama) and it is... Uh oh! Thats the only work he really has now and he's not super consistant with it, but its definitely a start.
- picked up on some of the signs we have been using FOREVER (though truthfully we haven't always been really consistant in our usage in the past.) They are all done, more, and please (this one kills with with the cute!) Sometimes if he's really flustered and doesn't know what he's trying so say he'll just use them all in rapid succession until he can stop and think about what he means. Also super cute!
- can use a straw consistently (and they are FUN!)
- can use a spoon like a big boy and actually get the food into his mouth.
- loves building things with his giant legos. Like, he gets really serious about getting the highest possible building he can.
- loves juice. He is probably a juice-aholic. I only give it to him in the morning cut with water but he will pull it out of the fridge and hand it to me every time I open the door. Every. Time.
- loves his Pat the Bunny book and likes to do all the things on the pages. He even waves bye bye at the end (its really the only time he waves bye bye to anyone!)
- would rather be walking. He is only interested in the being in the stroller if it is MOVING.
- loves to be outside. All the time. Even in the rain.
- loves shoes, but only obnoxiously bright shoes like his yellow rain boots and orange crocs. (I think he gets the bright shoe thing from me. I love me some crazy shoes!)
- is so silly and fun, but also has mastered the toddler tantrums. The kid is practically manic he can switch it on and off so fast! (Which is how I know he's just trying to get his way with the tantrums. Sorry kid, I'm on to you!)
- puts his finger to his lips and goes "ssshhh" when he is outside and a bird comes down near him. I have no idea where this came from since I don't do that, but I'm thinking it must have been from Yo Gabba Gabba or something!
And apparently, judging from this picture, he is taller then Bella now!
Last weekend we took a little trip to LA with Doug. He had some meetings on Monday and Tuesday so we all flew in the Friday before to go to Disney. We definitely needed the nice weather since it rained here everyday for like 2 weeks before we left!
The only character we got a picture with in the park, but obviously the most important one! (Giant Bella, duh!)
It's a Small World was still his favorite!
I LOVE my new shoes from the Crocs Outlet!
We had dinner one night at a super good buffet called Goofy's Kitchen. They had PB&J Pizza, which was seriously amazing!
The character's come around during dinner too. Oh Goofy, I love your PB&J Pizza!
Getting sassy with Minnie.
Your giant chipmunk eyes are too white. Let's see if I can get some peanut butter in them!
Not amused by the princesses. (Who is this anyway? Cinderella? I thought she wore blue through. Thank god we don't have a girl because I am not up on my princesses!)
Worms in Dirt for dessert!
Off to Santa Barbara for a night. There was a Psych episode that took place at this building thing.
Our balcony there. Talk about right on the ocean! We had the best view of the sunset from our room.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
(If this post title does not immediately bring a Yo Gabba Gabba reference to your brain then I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. Just sayin...)
In the last week or so Milo finally figured out that sidewalk chalk is for coloring and not just throwing and stacking and now it is seriously his favorite thing to do outside!
My little Jackson Pollack at work.
The first picture he made all by himself. (Something only a mother could love, I know!)